Do you buy cover crop seed, fertilizers, mineral amendments, compost, potting soil, potato and allium seed? Would you like to save money on those items? If so, check out the many items available through the NOFA Spring Bulk Order.
Each year, NOFA/RI, NOFA/Mass and CT NOFA organize a Bulk Order with popular suppliers for distribution at sites in Cranston, RI, western, central and eastern MA and central CT. Farmers, gardeners and landscapers take advantage of significant savings through group purchasing power and collective shipping. The program also helps NOFA chapters’ organic programs throughout the Tri-State region. Bulk orders are open to members and non-members. There is no minimum or maximum order.
The Spring Bulk Order form is available to download here. Be sure to send in your order in by January 31! To get ready, have your soil tested and ask for recommendations. Send questions to Cathleen O’Keefe, Bulk Order Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (413) 387-2316.
2014 suppliers include:
- Organic Growers Supply, ME: mineral amendments, fertilizers, cover crop seeds – fedcoseeds.com
- Moose Tubers (division of FEDCO): potato & allium seed – fedcoseeds.com or (207) 873-7333
- Fertrell, PA: mineral amendments, fertilizers, animal care products – fertrell.com
- Vermont Compost Company, VT: compost & potting soil – vermontcompost.com
- Crop Production Services, MA: mineral amendments – (413) 665-2115
- North Country Organics, VT: mineral amendments & fertilizers – norganics.com
- Ideal Compost Company, NH: compost, potting soil, wooden stakes – idealcompost.com
RI pick-ups will be at Urban Edge Farm, 35 Pippin Orchard Road, Cranston, RI during the week of March 11 and April 1, 2014.
Download the order form or learn more about Spring Bulk Orders here.